Urban Planning concerns itself with the process of planning a large area, city or a region via research and analysis, strategic thinking, architecture, urban design, public consultation, policy recommendations, implementation and management. We bring together consultants from different fields whose skills complement our own.
The partners of Urban Mosaic have worked as consultants on an array of large scale Urban Planning projects that fall in the spectrum of concepts ranging between three basic services:
- Physical planning of urban and rural areas,
- Policy analysis and Municipal Governance.
- Feasibility reports for development projects.
- Physical Planning for development and management of urban, peri-urban and rural areas : Apart from having planned Satellite Townships, the Principal Architects have vast experience in preparation of Regional and Comprehensive Development Plans, City Development Plans and Master Plans. The process involves identification of issues, data collation, infrastructure analysis (Water and Sanitation, Drainage, Housing, Solid Waste management, Roads and transportation network,, etc), assessment of future needs resulting in Infrastructure plans, population studies, analysis of environment parameters, Conducting Public Participation workshops, development of strategies for optimum growth of the city/region, land use plans, implementation plan for various sectors and services, Evaluating Alternatives, etc. These Plans encompass large geographic areas, a wide range of sectors and short and long term time horizon for development of the region.
- Municipal Governance : We have experience in working closely with Government organizations on assessing, monitoring and extending hand holding support to the State and Para-statal agencies on various Central Government projects such as those under the Jawaharlal Nehru New Urban Renewal Mission (JnNURM), Rapid Baseline Assessment of Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in various States, etc. Our services in this category extends to Developing Capacity Building Programmes for Urban Local Bodies, Assessment and Monitoring of Structure and Governance related Central and State Government Projects being implemented in the ULBs, and preparation of Training Modules on Urban Practice for Government officials.
- Concept Development and Feasibility Studies for development projects : This uncovers the strengths and weaknesses of an existing or proposed venture/project, opportunities and threats, cost factors and implications, financial viability, prospects for success and best value solution to be attained. We have had our share of experience in developing feasibility reports for Industrial areas, Special Economic Zones, Infrastructure projects such as Roads and Bridges, Townships, etc.